- May 24/16 - Press Release: Alberta Chiefs unanimously support resolution directing to repeal Bill C-27
- May 5/16 - Press Release: Treaty No. 6 Chiefs encourage communities to help with Fort McMurray efforts
- May 3/16 - Press Release: Treaty No. 6 Chiefs support repeal of Bill 22
- May 3 - Job Posting: Non-Insured Health Benefits Navigator
- Apr 29/16 - Press Release: Treaty 6 Grand Chief Tony Alexis travels to Rome to ask for prayers for Indigenous people across Canada
- Apr 15/16 - Press Release: First Nations leader 'concerned' after Cree man escorted from Edmonton mall
- Apr 14/16 - Press Release: Edmonton unveils six new public art pieces for Indigenous Art Park
- Jan 26/16 - Press Release: Canadian Human Rights Tribunal Rules Discrimination Against First Nations Children and Orders Government Remedies
- Jan 25/16 - Press Release: Letter: To the Family and Citizens of La Loch
- Jan 14/16 - Press Release: Upcoming inquiry design meetings 2016
- Jan 12/16 - Press Release: FN Invite Tr 1-11
- Jan 4/16 - Press Release: Ancient grave in Alberta farmer's field unearths historical mystery - In attendance Ron Lameman - Bilateral Treaty Coordinator
- Dec 1 - Job Posting: Health Careers Scholarship
- Aug 20 - Press Release: Onion Lake seeks a stay on the Ministers application to force compliance with the Financial Transparency Act
- Aug 20 - Press Release: Dene Nation supports Onion Lake and other nations in court proceeding
- Aug 20 - Press Release: Media Advisory - Chiefs in court against C27 convene to share thoughts on the court hearing in Saskatoon
- July 28 - Press Release: Notice of Grand Chief Appointment
- July 24 - Job Posting: Grand Chief Liaison
- July 10 - Press Release: UNDRIP Response
Welcome to Treaty 6 First Nations
The Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations was created in the Spring of 1993 with the purpose of serving as the United Political voice for those Treaty Nations who are signatories of Treaty No. 6 for the continued protection of the fundamental Treaty, Inherent and Human Rights of the Treaty peoples of those Nations.
The Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations is dedicated to ensuring that the terms, spirit and intent of Treaty No.6 are honored and respected. The right of the Treaty No. 6 First Nations to self-determination must be honoured and respected.
Self Determination includes both the right to choose their own governmental and political structures, and to direct the social, cultural, spiritual and economic advancement of their peoples.
Chief Tony Alexis was first elected to council at his home community of Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation when he was just 25 years old.
He was appointed by former AFN National Chief Phil Fontaine to the National Youth Council, earned an Alberta Aboriginal Leadership award and has worked with Alberta chiefs through the former First Nation Resource Council.
He was then elected Chief of Alexis Nakota in 2013 and enjoys serving his community, specializing in business and policy development.
Chief Tony was appointed by Motion of the Chiefs at the Annual General Meeting as Grand Chief of the Confederacy of No.6 First Nations in July of 2015.
Chief Tony is also an internationally accomplished public speaker who is able to connect to people from all walks of life.
He developed The Alexis Principles based on the life skills teachings passed down from his father.
The Alexis Principles legacy creates positive transactions catering to the business world that incorporates cross-cultural teachings to help create new ways of understanding.
Chief Tony keeps connected to his culture through promoting native heritage, encourages ongoing Treaty dialogue with governments and practices a traditional way of life. He implements the laws based upon ceremonial lodge traditions that promote respect, honor, discipline and humility into his daily life.
He believes the keys to success are through consistent focus, faith in the Creator and hard work.
13227 146 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5L 4S8
Upcoming inquiry design meetings 2016:
Treaties 1-11 Gathering - Jan 20th & 21st, 2016: Learn More
Christmas Gala: December 11th